sexta-feira, 15 de agosto de 2014

Eurotrip 2014 - Final Thoughts (in english)

- Summary

Our Trip started in London. With me, my parents, my sister, aunt Nil and Fell. We spent one week there, and after that, my parents, my sister and aunt Nil got back to São Paulo. And Fell and I went by train to Brussels. There, we rented a car and left. We ran 3740 kms, passing through 9 cities in 7 countries (Belgium, Holland, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg), and four of them were new for me (Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland and Luxembourg).

I can't say we were backpacking, because we had a rented car. And everyone knows that the correct way of backpacking is by train or hitchhiking.


On the last few days of our trip, Fell and I were exhausted. We spent so much time together, we weren't even talking to each other anymore. We just had nothing to talk about! Hahahaha

Only two people travelling is a little exhausting. We discussed a few times and there wasn't anyone else to calm us down. Besides, in a group of three, it's possible that one drives and the other two take care of the map and the GPS.

- Beer

Even with nothing to say, there was always one thing to say: "Beer time?" And we achieved our goal of drinking beer every single day.


Also, every time we got the car from one city to another, we listened to the song we claimed as our anthem, which was "Pão com Cerveja", by the "Velhas Virgens". Or, in a literal translation, "Beer and Bread", by the "Old Virgin Ladies"

- New Friends

We met a few ne friends. In Amsterdam, at the Flying Pig, we met Mischel, from Australia. After that, at the hostel in Berlin, we met Simone and Pauline, from Holland. And in Luxembourg, we met Matthias, from Switzerland.

- GPS

When we got in Berlin, we stopped at Burger King to get wi-fi and load the way to the hostel on the cellphone. When we got away from the wi-fi signal, we realized that the GPS was still working. We thought it was a miracle, but later we found out that the GPS does not depend on the internet! It was very useful, but way less cool than using a map.


- Planning

I hadd to go through a few months saving a lot of money. To have an idea, I even didn't do some maintenance on my motorcyle!! But it was worth. The trip was awesome.

About the script... Everything can change. If you want to stay more time somewhere, or going somewhere else, there is no problem! And you can always spend a few more days in Amsterdam!

I hope to do a lot more trips like that! =D

Um comentário: